Tuesday, July 21, 2009

lazy dog and Improv'd dinner.

So as I was driving home from work, I was drooling over this garlic, shitake pasta I had at the Yardhouse. I was thinking to myself, I cook, I'll make something similar, and add my own recipe.
So I did and stopped by Trader Joe's..

But first, here is pepper sleeping on the cool floor. smart huh? yes, dogs know when its hot too!

Oh, and this balut I had the other day....it was yummy with salt and pepper and some vietnamese coriander (leafy herb on the plate) this is vietnamese style i guess.

So here was what I cooked for dinner: garlic chicken and cremini mushroom pasta
Chicken and LOTS AND LOTS of garlic. Garlic is good!

cremini mushrooms and string beans

Stir fry them all together with olive oil, butter (lots of it) and salt, add spagetti pasta and viola! I don't like to use too many ingredients in my dishes because if you use too many, the flavors collide and you don't get to taste the natural sweetness or flavor of the veggie or meat...
add some parmesean and pepper flakes and it was yum...lol..

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin